Monday, February 14, 2011

Selflessness


I love the words of the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, and every time i watch this I am filled with the spirit. We should all strive to follow the example of these young boys.

   Matthew 25:37–40: “Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
“When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
“Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
     
As we serve those around us we know that we are serving Heavenly Father, and as we serve Him, he has promised us blessings, and what a blessing in of itself to know you have helped someone who may be less fortunate then you, or in a tight spot, or who just needed a friendly gesture. I know that as we do these things and help those around us that we will feel the love of our Heavenly Father more abundantly!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment