Thursday, February 24, 2011

Power in Prayer

    Not to long ago as I was serving in one of my areas on my mission, I recall a time where i felt very stressed and i had a lot of problems and things weren't working out. I had a hard time with the work and teaching the gospel, and at that time I knew something was wrong. So as i had been taught and the simple truth i knew but had been taken for granted I knelt down and sincerely prayed to my Father in heaven and asked for his strength and comfort. I did not receive an answer immediately or even that same day. I wasn't very motivated to go out and do what I knew I should, but I was willing and thankfully I had a companion who was very motivated and we went out to do the work we knew could bless those who would listen. We went the whole day with nothing to show and a little more unmotivated. I did feel good that i had been working, but i still was unhappy and down on myself. So again I prayed that night and the next morning for help with what I was lacking and what I was going through. That day not only did Heavenly Father show me what I needed in my scripture study, but we were led to someone who had a desire to learn more about the gospel and would let us in their home. At that moment I felt the spirit work in us as we shared a brief message about Christ's church being restored on the earth. That feeling reminded me of Heavenly Fathers love and care for everyone of his children. I know that Heavenly Father listens, and answers our prayers, but we must remember it is in his own way and in his own time. We may not see at that moment the answer or recognize it, and it may not be in the way we wanted our prayer to be answered. That does not change the fact that God doesn't hear or answer our prayers. He loves each and every one of us perfectly and He knows what will be the best for us. I love everything that He has done for me and all my prayers he has listened too and answered. I know he blesses me every day. He wants all of us to pray to him and as for his strength to make weak things strong.
Elder David A. Bednar  (Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ)
  We are commanded to “pray always” (2 Nephi 32:9; D&C 10:5; 90:24)—“vocally as well as in [our] heart[s]; … before the world as well as in secret, in public as well as in private” (D&C 19:28). I testify that prayer becomes more meaningful as we counsel with the Lord in all of our doings, as we express heartfelt gratitude, and as we pray for others with real intent and a sincere heart.
I witness Heavenly Father lives and that He hears and answers every earnest prayer. Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Mediator. Revelation is real. The fulness of the gospel has been restored to the earth in this dispensation. I so testify in the sacred name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment