Monday, February 21, 2011

Jesus Christ Leads His Church Upon The Earth This Day


Sometimes we think of Christ death as a sad thing, that he died because of those who chose to reject the truth. Thankfully this was part of our Heavenly Fathers plan and he knew that we needed a savior because of our short comings. None of us are perfect and God recognizes that so he made a way for us to return to live with him in complete joy and happieness even though we may be imperfect here on this earth. I know Christ lives and is the head his true church. I know that Heavenly Father has once again called a young man to be a prophet not only to guide Christ true church but to restore that which had been lost. Joseph Smith lived and was marteryed for the church. He trusted in Jesus Christ and what he knew was true. He went through more then you or i will ever go through in our lives and never took offense or let in get in the way of what he knew was right. He stayed faithful and continued to do the will of the Lord. I know that Joseph Smith was a ture prophet of God and that he did restore Christ true church upon the earth.  I know that he did in fact see God the Father and Jesus Christ in a grove of trees in Palmyra New York.
 Elder Dieter F. Uctdorf says
Here I was, a young boy in post–World War II Germany, living in a city in ruins, thousands of miles away from Palmyra in North America and more than a hundred years after the event actually took place. By the universal power of the Holy Ghost, I felt in my heart and in my mind that it was true, that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ and heard Their voices. The Spirit of God comforted my soul at this young age with an assurance of the reality of this sacred moment that resulted in the beginning of a worldwide movement destined to “roll forth, until it has filled the whole earth” (D&C 65:2). I believed Joseph Smith’s testimony of that glorious experience in the Sacred Grove then, and I know it now. God has spoken to mankind again!
Looking back, I am grateful for so many friends who helped me in my youth to gain a testimony of the restored Church of Jesus Christ. First I exercised simple faith in their testimonies, and then I received the divine witness of the Spirit to my mind and to my heart. I count Joseph Smith among those whose testimony of Christ helped me to develop my own testimony of the Savior. Before I recognized the tutoring of the Spirit testifying to me that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, my youthful heart felt that he was a friend of God and would therefore, quite naturally, also be a friend of mine. I knew I could trust Joseph Smith.
  As we pray to Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ we can come to know this truth or be reassured that it is true. Again I add that i know Jesus Christ lives and is the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. I am so grateful for everything Christ has done and will do for me. I know he died for each and every one of us so we can be forgiven and returen to a loving Heavenly Father. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment