Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is God Real? Does God Love Us?

Take a look at what you see and ask yourself again if God is real?
 I know that God is real and that he loves all of his children perfectly. God created us and everything around us, even the very air we breathe. He loves us so much he wants us to become like him. To me that is a pretty selfless loving God. You might think to yourself well if he loves me why do i face trials and go through such hard times. If we look at the story of Nephi in the Book of Mormon he says something very profound; 
16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the acondescension of God?
 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
  So if we go through trial after trial and we don't understand why these things happen to us or why God allows bad things to happen to good people, remember that God loves his children , and if we know that and remember that then we will trust in him! I have found myself before questioning why certain trials have come my way, but as i pray and read and do what I'm supposed to be doing i later come to find out why some of those things happen to me. I don't know about you but i tend to learn more from my hard times, then from my easy times anyway, and I'm sure that's how it is for most if not everyone. Look at Jesus Christ for example, the one perfect person to live on this earth and never sinned once went through more then any of us ever will go through. So the bad things that happen to us or in the world we may never realize why they happen in this life but one thing we do know is that Heavenly Father loves us.
  Now back to how we can all know God is real. Look at the world, look at yourself, think of the complexity of those things as you read these scriptures...
   44 But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of aall these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the bearth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its dmotion, yea, and also all the eplanets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.
40 And now what evidence have ye that there is no aGod, or that Christ cometh not? I say unto you that ye have none, save it be your word only.
  We have all been greatly blessed by our loving Heavenly Father who wants us to feel complete joy and happiness and return to live with him again. Again i know that God is real and that he loves each and every one of us more then we know. I pray that we can all set aside our pride and see how we have been blessed and seek for the good things in life and in eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Pettersson, I am in agreement with you that I learn more from my trials then I do my blessings. It is in the valleys that my faith in my Heavenly Father grows. Keep up the good word Elder!

    ReplyDelete